Month: September 2018
David & Vicki Creel
Mid-Summer 2018 Prayer Letter Update
To give to the ministry of the Creels:
To Pray for FEBC, scroll down to Pray Now
“Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ…” Philippians 1:2-6 NKJV
This greeting and prayer of the Apostle Paul echoes our hearts’ desire for you. We are truly grateful for your partnership in the Great Commission, in taking “Christ to the World by Radio and Media.”
We would like to share with you some prayer concerns. Thanks for joining us in prayer as the Holy Spirit leads you:
- Please pray for the people in Indonesia. As you may have seen in the international news, a few days ago, the islands of Lombok & Bali were hit by a strong earthquake. According to the news, about 300 people have died, 1400 were injured, and about 270,000 people are displaced or are in evacuation areas. Please see the latest news from BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-45124972
We thank the Lord that our staff at FEBC’s station, Heartline Bali, are safe. Please pray for them and the First Response Radio (FRR) team as they assess the situation.
- Please pray for David and the local technician in Mongolia, Tomroo, to have wisdom to solve problems with the transmitters at two stations in Mongolia. We thank the Lord that a third transmitter failure was recently resolved.
- Please pray for our shortwave staff in the Philippines to find a repair facility to fix the station’s audio analyzer. Also, please pray that the staff will soon be able to repair the power modules in one of the shortwave transmitters.
- Please pray for our FEBC Thailand staff members as they go through a transition period with new leadership.
- Please pray for us and our IST colleagues as we make Fall travel plans. May the Lord guide us, and may His will be done as we plan our travel schedules.
- Please pray that our staff in Jakarta will be able to repair the station’s antenna soon.
Again, thank you for praying with us. We appreciate your partnership and faithful support of our ministry with FEBC.
via Three Chords!
Reading: Matthew 25:14-30 (NKJV)
Title: Three Chords!
“He also who had received two talents came and said, ‘Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.’” Matthew 25:22 (NKJV)
I remember the time when I first started learning to play guitar. My good friend Aida told me, “If you learn three cords, you can play some simple songs.” Her words encouraged me. However, after a few practice sessions with just three cords, my fingers were already sore. Thankfully, my friend kept encouraging me, with the chords A, D & G, soon I was able to play a couple of simple praise songs to the Lord.
I was so excited that I bought a nice guitar! I practiced and learned more songs even though, in the past, I thought I did not have any musical ability. Later, as life and work became busy, I had no time to play and practice. So, I gave my guitar to a friend. After a couple of years, another friend gave me a guitar – which I also gave away. Then another guitar came. I began to realize that maybe the Lord wanted me to be serious about playing the guitar. So, I returned to playing guitar and learned more chords. As I learned more chords and more praise & worship songs, I found that my relationship with the Lord was strengthened and deepened. I may not play or sing well, but I feel the presence of the Lord whenever I play guitar and worship Him.
Now, with the help of David my husband, I play the guitar, he sings and together we worship and praise the Lord. As I look at my folder of songs, I am amazed and grateful to the Lord to see that it now contains many songs. I started with just three chords and a few songs. Now, with the Lord’s help, I can play more than seven chords and have more than fifty song sheets in my folder! With this experience of playing three chords at the start, and then the Lord helped me learn more chords as I keep on practicing, reminded me of this verse in Matthew 25:24, “Lord you delivered me two talents, looked I gained two more talents besides them”.
When we give even one talent to the Lord, He multiplies it.
Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for the gifts and talents You give us. Help us to worship and honor You as we use them each day. Amen.